Tuesday, March 6, 2012

7.19 - Fairy Magic

The night after prom another thief attacks the Sabo home. 



All that training and working out Paris did finally pays off. 




When she sits down to tell Teddy all about it something in his eyes tells her this is a bad time. Then it clicks in her mind where he’s probably been today. “You were visiting Cecilia again, weren’t you.”
He nods absentmindedly. “Yeah... no change in her condition. But apparently her parents didn’t tell me everything.”
“What do you mean?”
“I mean apparently Cecilia gave birth not long ago. To a boy with my red hair. His name is Brannon.”
Paris isn’t sure what to feel. Disgust? Sadness? Happiness? “So what are you going to do? I mean... we have more than enough room here if you want to challenge his grandparents for custody.”




“His grandparents are all he knows.” Teddy answers with a shrug. “I see no reason to pull him from his family.”
“...Then what are you going to do?”
“I don’t know. I just... I can’t believe I’ve lost the only two women I’ve had children by. I want Brannon, but I can’t take him away from his mom’s family. Not like this I mean. I just wish there were a way to stop stealing life from the people I love.”




Paris doesn’t know what to say again. She wishes there was a way she could help, but this isn’t like his vampirism. There couldn’t possibly be a way for her to help him this time.




... Or is there? Faintly she recalls a conversation between her mother and father about life fruit and its healing properties. The answer to all Teddy’s problems was in the name of the plant itself. Life fruit. 




Well, it was worth a shot, anyway. 




Teddy's more than a little skeptical. It's been a week since his last woo-hoo (with a married woman, no less) and he was already feeling the effects of his nature. He's not in the mood for Paris’s fairy magic talk. 




But he tries it anyway.




And... and holy crap. It works! He feels energy that he only knew from woo-hoo. His skin looks healthy again, his eyes shining and if he were walking he might even have a skip in his step. What the hell?




“Life fruit!” Paris explains with a smile. “Mom told me once that its a cure all gift from fae to humans. It doesn’t do much for those with fae blood, but I figured since incubi don’t count as fae it might help you. And I’m so happy it does! I don’t know if it’s a permanent fix, but we have plenty in the garden.”




Teddy’s almost in tears and just pulls her close so she won’t see him cry. “Thank you Paris. Just thank you. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”




“You’d have burned to death long ago after an ex girlfriend kicked your cheating sorry ass out onto the street in the middle of the day.” 
But she doesn’t actually say that. Just thinks it. Cause she loves him too much to say that out loud. He was more of a brother to her than her own older siblings. 



---

So for those who are curious. This is Brannon.


I... I'm just... thank you everyone for convincing me to let Cecilia have the baby. He is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. And he's convinced me to give Teddy a happy ending. Which will be coming up once the triplets become YAs.

Again, sorry for this chapter's shortness, but the next scenes introduce Briar's plot line and it just didn't feel right to start hinting at it in this chapter. I wanted to just focus on the relationship between Teddy and Paris. They really are my favourite characters ever. They actually autonomously give each other FRIENDLY hugs. Not amorous ones! I'm amazed!

6 comments:

  1. I've somehow only just realized Teddy is a redhead. It looked darker with the paler vampire skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize it was red either. :P

    Lots and lots of babies. Only, I'm learning that they are better in someone else's story! Can't wait to see what you are going to do with Briar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, so happy Paris managed to find a way to help Teddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Paris found a way to help Teddy....dare I say I can't believe this is learning towards a happy ending! Ahaha. Brannon is so freaking adorable! Can't wait to see what he looks like as a YA. O_O Probably sexy...like his father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Short chapters aren't bad!! So your excuse is not accepted :P it's just fine the way it is! :D I love how you came up with an solution for teddy! And I think, I think that Paris could have said it out loud...Teddy would have laughed about it ;) it's just the way their relation is I think :D Their dynamics is just great!

    ReplyDelete