Friday, December 16, 2011

4.1 - Out of the Bag

Raindrop has seen his brother’s ghost many times, but this is the first time he’s gathered the courage to speak with him. 



“It was an accident.” He manages once he’s gotten Tempest’s attention. “I saw you go under and I was so sure you’d come back up. If I’d known you couldn’t swim I would have gone in after you. You have to believe me.”



“I could swim just fine.” Tempest answers, finally turning around to face his brother. “You meant to do it.”
“I didn’t-”
“Sky made herself visible so she could play with me, and you got jealous. You waited for her to leave and you pushed me. I hit my head on the concrete and fell unconscious. And then you pushed me into the water and watched me drown.”



Raindrop opens his mouth to speak, but can’t find his voice. With a cruel smile Tempest turns his back to him. “Grandpa Marion has a bet going on. He says next time Sky talks to a boy you’ll kill her too.




After Glimmer moved out the garden began to fall into disrepair. Sky tries to bring it back to its glory. It takes her mind off of... things.




At least until Aquarius pulls her to the side. 
“I want to talk about Raindrop. What is happening to him?”




“Corruption.” Sky answers instantly. “Of the heart and mind.”
“What is causing it?”
She falls silent momentarily. “You... already know. But please do not worry, sir, I can handle it. I know I can.”
His face sets into a grimace. “Your lying is improving.”
“... Sir?”




“I am not one of the ignorant mortal fools you’ve grown up around, child.” He growls. “I am a fae. Full blooded, raised in the great palace of Neptune himself and I KNOW what you are and how to read you. Now tell me why your hair has darkened by so much since last I was here.”
Sky looks to the side. “I don’t know what you’re talking about-”
“You wear your soul on your sleeve.” He points out. “Or your hair, as the case may be in this form. So I repeat my question, why has it darkened so much?”




She hesitates for a moment before sending him only a short message. The vision of Raindrop’s soul through the eyes of a creature who can see such things. It silences Aquarius immediately.
Sky’s voice breaks. “Do you understand now why my soul is the way it is?”
He gives her no answer.




Raindrop and Sky have their last day of school. Ever since Aquarius’ return, she’s been avoiding him and Raindrop can’t understand why. He just wants it to stop.




So he blows out his candles.




And promptly ages into a young man with flirty intentions.




Skye ages as well, into a hopeless romantic.




As soon as Yuki and Aquarius are on their way to bed, Raindrop has Sky’s hand in his and has her outside where his parents can’t hear their discussion. 
“Dad was talking to you again, wasn’t he.” Its an accusation, not a question. “Please tell me you didn’t say anything. Please tell me he doesn’t know anything.”




“I haven’t told him anything.” She can’t meet his eyes. “... But he already knows that you killed Tempest. I don’t know what he’s going to do about it, if anything, but he knows.”




“WHAT?” Raindrop’s hands instantly curl into fists and Sky shies away from him in fear. “ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME EARLIER?”




“I... I didn’t think it mattered. You were hurting so much already, I didn’t want you to be angry as well!”
“Well good job with that, stupid.” 
The insult feels like a stab to Sky’s heart, but he’s not done yet.




“Go pack a bag.”
She looks back at him. “What?”
“Go pack a bag.” He repeats. “You and I are leaving. NOW!” 



---

I'm actually pretty happy with this chapter. Finally I think I'm going to be able to accomplish making a main character dislikable. 


Anyway, Gen 4 has at long last begun. (Gen 3 took FOREVER to get through!)


Reminder of Gen 4's rolls: 
- Couple 
- 4 pregnancies. Heir will be the first born.
- Primary Career: Job Hopper
- Secondary Career: Collector
- Gen Goal: AWESOME!
- Misc Fun: Half-siblings


So you'll notice I put pregnancies instead of number of kids. For this generation I already have the four pregnancies planned out (including the 'other' parent) and I really do need four to make my story work. So for this roll at least I'll be counting pregnancies instead of number of children. Since my game seems to have a love affair with making the heir roll be a twin. (Seriously guys. THREE IN A ROW. Thats not coincidence. Thats my game trying to fuck with my mind.)

9 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I understand this magic corruption thing. I know Melissa used it in her legacy, but you seem to be using it in a different manner here, so I am not sure what it means or how Raindrop turned from having the good trait into... erm... yeah. =P

    I'm interested to find out, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he still has the good "trait" its just quite easily being overshadowed by other aspects of his personality.

    ... I'll probably be explaining the corruption thing further... if I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *speechless*

    I hope we get to find out why Raindrop's soul has become so corrupted at some point...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this plotline you have going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit confused about the corruption thing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder how the corruption started... but I understand how it works I believe :)

    The two of them are gorgeous! I can't wait to see their babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! I MADE IT!


    Ditto on the corruption though.......would be great if you got into that a bit more :D

    Downside of me making it here.......now I have to wait just like everybody else :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bye Neverglade. </3

    You will be missed.

    (Lol, Klev. I know how you feel about the waiting. IT'S TORTURE!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your latest chapter before this one; so I was initially excited to see the Raindrop/Sky relationship... but now I'm scared. What is going on?!

    Great job, Cece.

    ReplyDelete